Friend to friend, can I tell you something?
I don't think the reason you've struggled to achieve your goals is because you're lazy.
I don't even think it's because you lack discipline.
I think the real reason might be much simpler:
You haven't built a routine that supports the life you're trying to live.
Now before you roll your eyes because you've heard "build a morning routine" a thousand times, hear me out.
I know life is busy.
You have school. Work. Family. Church. Responsibilities. Deadlines. People depending on you. Some days, you're just trying to survive until bedtime.
I've been there.
As a doctor and a full-time content creator, my days can get incredibly full. If I wake up without a plan, it's very easy for the urgent things to crowd out the important ones. Before I know it, the day has happened to me instead of me intentionally living it.
That's why I don't rely on motivation anymore.
I rely on structure.
Motivation Comes and Goes
We've all had those days when we wake up feeling unstoppable.
We're ready to read our Bible, work out, study, answer emails, edit videos, meal prep, and somehow still have energy left over.
Then there are the other days.
The alarm goes off, and getting out of bed feels like the hardest thing in the world. The last thing you want to do is tackle your to-do list.
If your productivity depends on how motivated you feel, consistency will always be difficult.
But routines don't ask whether you feel like showing up.
They simply give you a path to follow.
That's the beauty of having systems in place. They carry you on the days your feelings can't.
Structure Creates Space for Purpose
One of the biggest lessons I've learned is that intentional people don't necessarily have more time than everyone else.
They simply make better decisions with the time they have.
Every single one of us gets 24 hours in a day.
The difference is how we spend them.
Without structure, our days become filled with endless scrolling, reacting to notifications, saying yes to everything, and constantly putting out fires.
But when we intentionally plan our mornings, we begin the day with clarity instead of chaos.
We decide what matters before the world decides for us.
If you believe God has called you to make an impact, then your daily routine should reflect that calling.
Purpose isn't built in one dramatic moment.
It's built in the ordinary choices you make every single day.
Start Smaller Than You Think
Whenever people hear "morning routine," they often imagine waking up at 4:30 a.m., running 5km, reading three books, journaling for an hour, and making a green smoothie before sunrise.
That's not what I'm talking about.
A good routine isn't about impressing people.
It's about creating consistency.
Maybe your routine starts with waking up at the same time every day.
Maybe it's spending 10 minutes with God before touching your phone.
Maybe it's writing down your top three priorities before the day begins.
Maybe it's simply making your bed and drinking a glass of water.
Start where you are.
The goal isn't perfection.
The goal is consistency.
Small habits repeated over time create remarkable results.
If You Need an Example, I've Got You
One of the hardest parts of building a routine is not knowing what one actually looks like in real life.
That's exactly why I decided to film mine.
In my latest YouTube video, I take you through my 6 a.m. morning routine that helps me make time for everything. You'll see how I intentionally structure my mornings, manage my responsibilities, and make time for the things that matter most.
The goal isn't for you to copy my routine exactly.
It's to show you what's possible and help you create one that fits your own season of life.
If you've been feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or like your goals keep slipping further away, I genuinely think this video will encourage you.
You don't need to have everything figured out tomorrow morning.
You just need to take the first step.
🎥 Here’s a link for you:
I'd love to hear from you, too.
What's one small habit you want to add to your mornings this week? Leave a comment below, and let’s get this conversation started!

Comments
Post a Comment